Wednesday, June 8, 2011

House Blessing

With Spring in full swing...spring cleaning has come to mind. What a perfect time to bless our home. We have plans for lots of entertaining this summer and hope to infuse a blessing for those who visit as well. It was a three day process for me. Day one I spent my time clearing our space of clutter, checking closets and behind furniture not moved often. Day two I spend cleaning,sweeping dusting and washing. Day three is the blessing day, I start with a bathing ritual and prepare myself for the ritual.

I started in the kitchen and made a pitcher of Strawberry Lemonade and baked my families favorite lemon loaf.

I take my Ritual Besom and sweep away the negative energy from every room, ending at the back door.

With a sage and lavender wand and going from room to room recite;

Touch the mantel, touch the wall
Nothing but blessings here befall.
Bless the candle that stands by itself
Bless the book on the shelf.
Bless the pillow for the tired head
Bless the hearth and the light shed.
Friends who tarry here let them know
A three fold blessing before they go.
Sleep for weariness, peace for sorrow
Faith in yesterday and tomorrow.
Friends who go from her, let them bear
The blessing of hope wherever they fare.
Lintel and window, sill and wall
Nothing but good this place befall.

Ritual Bessom

4 ft Branch for handle
handful of thinner 1 ft twigs (bristles)
Cord or twine to bind.

Soak the twigs over night in water to soften

Tie the bristles to the handle on the ground make sure bristles are upside down. Tie in place near bottom of the handle.Flip bristles cascade gently around the cord and covering it. Bristles should be on the bottom of broom.
Tie another length of cord securing bristles. Let dry a day or two and bless.

It is best to make during crone.

No comments:

Post a Comment